Caretaker Code of Conduct
Special Olympics Sioux Falls (SOSF)
Parent/ Guardian or Caretaker Code of Conduct
As a caretaker of a Special Olympics Sioux Falls athlete, I agree that while at any Special Olympics activity, I will:
Respect for Others
- I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of athletes, coaches, volunteers, friends, family, spectators, and other caretakers in Special Olympics.
- I will be a positive role model for the athletes participating in Special Olympics.
- I will communicate with athletes, coaches, volunteers, friends, family, spectators, and other caretakers in a respectful and professional matter.
- I will respect the time of others and address the Coach/Coordinator with my individual questions or concerns prior to or after practice.
Act Professionally and Take Responsibility for My Actions
- I will display control, respect, dignity and professionalism to all involved in Special Olympics. This includes athletes, coaches, volunteers, opponents, officials, administrators, parents, spectators, media, etc.
- I will refrain from any form of personal abuse towards others, including verbal, physical and emotional abuse.
I understand that if I violate this Code of Conduct I will be subject to a range of consequences, up to and including being prohibited from attending Special Olympics activities.