SE Area Spring Games
Track and Field
Howard Wood Field
- Athletes must wear their Fireworks uniform to participate
- Athletes need to be at Howard Wood Field no later than 8:15 a.m.
- Area participation is required to attend State Summer Games
- Lunch will be provided for all registered athletes
- Transportation is not provided
NOTE: Be sure to watch the weather and dress appropriately. In case of severe weather the event will be cancelled (not postponed). If the event is cancelled, you will be contacted as soon as possible.
Midco Aquatics Center
- Aquatic athletes need to be at the center ready to get into the pool no later than 12:45 p.m.
- Swimming athletes need to be at the center ready to get into the pool no later than 2:15 p.m.
- All athletes, volunteers and spectators need to enter through the East doors
- NO ONE WILL BE PERMITTED TO ENTER ANY EARLIER THAN NOON
- If the parking lot is full, please use street parking available along Western Ave, 22nd street or 26th Street. We are not to be parking in the lot across the street.
- A Fireworks towel will be provided to each athlete
- Only the athletes and registered coaches will be permitted on the pool deck. All parents, staff, etc will need to remain in the viewing area upstairs.
Questions can be directed to Heather at Heather.L@sosiouxfalls.org or 336-0240 (NO TEXTING).
SIGN UP IS CLOSED
Sign up is now closed. At this time registrations can no longer be accepted. Thank you to everyone that signed up!
In case you missed it, below is the practice information. Click on the sport to view the practice handout.
Questions can be directed to 336-0240 (no texting) or by e-mailing Heather.L@sosiouxfalls.org.
Special Olympics South Dakota
2016 Award Winners
Family of the Year
Pictured: Stacey Eeten, Roy Eeten, Nick Mills, Fern Eeten, Art Eeten
Athlete of the Year
Congratulations to the Eeten Family and Richie! Thank you for all you do to make the Fireworks great!
Sammons Financial Group presented the Sioux Falls Fireworks with a $10,000 donation on Wednesday, October 12. This is an amazing gift to our organization.
Thank you Sammons Financial Group!!!
The Fireworks News Letter is now available. Click on the link below to view.
State Basketball and Fall Classic Locations
The location for the State Basketball and Fall Classic have been determined through 2021. It will rotate similar to how the schedule works for State Summer Games. The schedule is as follows:
Basketball: 2017 Mitchell, 2018 Mitchell, 2019 Pierre, 2020 Mitchell, 2021 Pierre
Fall Classic: 2017 Mitchell, 2018 Mitchell, 2019 Rapid City, 2020 Mitchell, 2021 Rapid City
The specific dates have not yet been determined.
SE Area Spring Games: Saturday, April 29 at Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls
Area Swimming/Aquatics: May 5 at Midco Aquatics Center in Sioux Falls 1-5 p.m.
State Summer Games: May 18-20 at BHSU in Spearfish
The Fireworks committee meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm. If you would like to attend please contact Chad at Chad.H@sosiouxfalls.org.